We are now looking for a Senior Extrusion Engineer (Thermoplastics) in Minneapolis
Provide technical expertise locally in the Plymouth Facility with focus on development of new capabilities, technology and process improvements. This with a strong focus on lifting the uniqueness on the market for the Plymouth plant and create a strong competitive advantage which drives business and new requirements.
Provide an international support with regards to ensuring knowledge transfer between R&D and Thermo department in the Godby Plant in Finland, participate in R&D projects abroad incl. both medical and industrial applications as well as participate and lead courses in the Optinova Academy.
The position will have direct customer contact as well as a global connection within the Optinova Group incl. from time to time travel abroad.
Plymouth facility (80%)
• Lead new technology and capability expansion efforts incl. PEEK
• Extrusion and secondary operations process development, improvement, support and documentation.
• Day to day customer runs
• Tooling design, documentation, procurement and qualification.
• Equipment specification, qualification, process/procedure development and on-going support.
• Quotation and customer support activities as required by Sales and Customer Service.
• Assists in the scheduling of production and prototype extrusion efforts.
• General support for all manufacturing and development activity.
• Develops procedures and trains supervisory, management, and operator personnel in new process as developed.
• Exhibits safety awareness and safe work practices.
• Performs data mining and statistical analysis to recognize trends and drive continuous improvement of production processes
Global Resource (20%)
• Liaison between Plymouth, R&D and Thermo department in Finland to exchange knowledge and ensure competence synergies within the group.
• Works closely with the R&D team in Godby to support development projects
• Assist/drive and/or project lead introduction of new materials into the extrusion process for industrial applications.
• Participate and/or lead (depending on topic) courses within the Optinova Academy concept.
• Other assignments as seen appropriate
• Administrative tasks associated with production related documentation
• Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
• Travels as needed to other Optinova sites. – estimate 20%
• Supports elastomers (FEP & PTFE) as needed with OPMP
• Supports projects as needed in Optinova Groups other locations.
• Promotes Optinova as industry leader and innovator in extrusion offerings.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Polymer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or other related field preferred (or equivalent experience).
• 5-7 years (minimum) extrusion process engineering
• Tooling design with 2-3 years minimum CAD experience.
• Experience working in an ISO 13485 facility.
• No direct reports but works directly with Associate Engineers to develop their skills and enhance their processing knowledge.
All OMLE employees will be trained to Company quality policies, department policies, and appropriate operating procedures. When a job description is changed, or an employee moves to a new position, further training may be required.
• ACSI Quality Systems
- Review of the Quality manual
- Training on appropriate Quality SOPs as determined by the Manager.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark it with “Application for Senior Extrusion Engineer in Minneapolis”