We are now looking for a Senior Extrusion Engineer (Thermoplastics) in Minneapolis
Optinova Group is a global extrusion house and we are we are looking for a new team member based in Minneapolis to join our production team in Plymouth, MN. As a Senior Extrusion Engineer you provide engineering support and direction to Extrusion, Secondary Operations, Quality and Business Development in the evolution of new products and implementation of process improvements (cost reduction, quality improvement, reduce downtime, improve tooling & equipment, etc.). This position will have direct customer contact providing engineering support from concept through commercialization of customer products. The position is also responsible for the design and development of new tooling and leads the efforts to qualify those tools for mass production.
- Lead new technology and capability expansion efforts.
- Extrusion and secondary operations process development, capacity expansion and improvement, support, and documentation.
- Tooling design, documentation, procurement, and qualification.
- Equipment specification, qualification, process/procedure development and on-going support.
- Quotation and customer support activities as required by Sales and Customer Service.
- Assists in the scheduling of production and prototype extrusion efforts.
- General support for all manufacturing and development activity.
- Develops procedures and trains supervisory, management, and operator personnel in new process as developed.
- Performs data mining and statistical analysis to recognize trends and drive continuous improvement of production processes.
- Troubleshooting equipment issues for extrusion and secondary operations.
- Exhibits safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Supervision of Associate Engineer(s) and Development Technicians.
- Administrative tasks associated with production related documentation.
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Polymer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or other related field preferred (or equivalent experience).
- 5-7 years (minimum) extrusion process engineering.
- Experience with of a wide variety of polymers (e.g. Pebax, Nylons, PE, PP, PU, PET, PEEK, TPR) in multi-lumen, profile, co-extrusion, vacuum (contact and non-contact), and substrate extrusion processes.
- Tooling design with 2-3 years minimum Solidworks CAD experience.
- Experience working in an ISO 13485 environment; two years’ minimum med-tech manufacturing or development experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a “can do” attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and project management skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, Mini Tab, etc.
- Self-motivated, efficient, ability to work with little or no supervision, and committed to a team approach.
About Optinova Group:
The Optinova Group is a global company group that produces extruded tubing solutions for customers in the Medical Device Industry and in several Industrial areas, such as automotive, chemical processing, and semi-conductors. Optinova Group, Head-quartered on Åland Islands, has production plants in Europe, US, and Asia, and sales offices globally. Optinova values dedicated staff that adapts to corporate culture of positive attitude to grow oneself, colleagues and customer relationships.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark it with “Application for Senior Extrusion Engineer in Minneapolis”