Optinova Group is a global extrusion solutions provider supplying world class Medical Device manufacturers with high-performance medical tubing solutions. Optinova Sales & Marketing is a matrix organization with Territory Sales on one hand and Global Product Management on the other hand.
We are looking for a new team member, based in a European Medical device cluster, or on the Aland Islands. As a Development Manager, BL Medical, you are working with the Optinova Group Business Line Medicals’ Product portfolio and your main areas of responsibility are:
Areas of responsibility:
- As a technical liaison, you will manage business development opportunities through efficient communication and coordination of information between customers, sales, engineering, operations, QA, customer service.
- Business Line’s focus is the strategic and tactical elements of market development. Hence, opportunity management requires effective translation of Business Line goals and objectives into daily business activities.
- Direct account development within target customer and product segments.
- Traveling about 20-25% of the time to prospects, customers, partners and trade shows.
- Manage, prepare and analyze productrelated information and customer feedback, as well as to pick up market trends that feed into product road-maps and recommendations for new products, together with sales and R&D.
- Participate in developing the medical portfolio, by:
- Qualification of new capability projects by building the business case.
- Project ownership, project management and support roles in capability development projects expanding the Optinova Group Medical offering.
- Evaluation of new raw materials and identify potential application areas.
- Develop sustainable pricing models based on market trends and product life cycle.
- Creating and maintaining of sales materials, news posts and presentations.
Skills and qualifications:
- Experience of managing complex technical sales is key, as opportunity management and qualification of the same involves strategic and tactical market navigation with corporate goals and objectives in mind.
- Proven trackrecord of product knowledge in medical device/catheter field. Preferably with experience of extrusions.
- Knowledge of thermoplastic and fluoroplastic extrusions and/or catheter design and manufacturing techniques. Polymer engineering experience is a bonus, but not a requirement. Appropriate internal training will be offered.
- Strong project management skills and a minimum of 3 years in working with customers/sales and demonstrated experience in administering complex sales processes.
- Proficient user of common IT systems/platforms.
- A high degree of selfmotivation and strong ability to prioritize and organize.
- Demonstrated ability to work in crossfunctional teams and meeting team and individual objectives. You have exceptional communication and social skills.
About Optinova Group:
The Optinova Group is a global company group that produces extruded tubing solutions for customers in the Medical Device Industry and in several Industrial areas, such as automotive, chemical processing, and semi-conductors. Optinova Group, Head-quartered on Åland Islands, has production plants in Europe, US, and Asia, and sales offices globally. Optinova values dedicated staff that adapts to corporate culture of positive attitude to grow oneself, colleagues and customer relationships. Would you like to join our journey?
Please send your application to email@example.com and mark it with “Development Manager, Business Line Medical”.
If you have any question, please contact VP Business Line Medical, Richard Jokinen, +358 40 593 4174.